Thursday, February 2, 2012

Funny story . . .

Today in my seminar class* everyone showed up by 2:15, the time it starts . . . except for my professor.  After about two minutes, someone said, "Sue Ferguson is never late."  We all agreed.  Someone shared that the only time she was late was when a giant blizzard prevented her from coming to school.

Our fears were soon stilled when a woman poked her head in the classroom.  "Um . . . Professor Ferguson is stuck in the elevator.  She said to start the discussion of Stack."

We burst into laughter and proceeded to not talk about All Our Kin, the ethnography by Stack we completed for class today.  Stuck in the elevator?  Really?!?

Also, little big moment:

I made it through the entire two-hour class without picking out a split end.  Yay me.

* My sociology seminar is about the Family.  It's great.  The readings are so interesting.  It's by far my favorite class - I think it's rather interesting that my favorite classes are usually the most challenging ones . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment