Monday, February 6, 2012

Les Mis!

Over break my mom took me to one of the greatest things ever – the off-Broadway production of Les Mis.  It was such a beautiful, breathtaking performance that, thinking back on it now, it takes my breath away.  I’m in awe of so many amazing voices, and it’s remarkable how many emotions come through the music and the body posture.   I cried for pretty much the last forty five minutes. I don't think I will ever forget such a powerful performance - so thank you Mom!

It kind of makes me want to take up violin or something again so I can play in an orchestra.  There are so many awesome songs to be played!  And then I could hear those beautiful voices all of the time.

Each time I listen to the soundtrack (did I just find it online?  Maybe.  Complete with videos?  Possibly.  Is this good?  Probably not) a new song affects me or touches me in a different way. 

You should listen to:
I Dreamed a Dream (just get past the actress talking!) or this version is pretty great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment